Wednesday, May 9, 2012

RAIN BARREL SUCCESS!

Well, if you live in the Hampton Roads area you know how much rain has fallen out of the sky today!

Good news for me, the rain barrel we made on Monday has successfully held up AND it is actually FULL! That means I have 55 gallons of water to water my plants and yard with that I don't have to pay for!

Guess what that means......MORE RAIN BARREL CONSTRUCTION TO BE DONE!! I have already discussed it with my husband and he agreed to help construct a few more to put at the down spouts in the back yard!

Honestly, my long term goal would be to have our well redone and use well water to care for our yard but that is expensive so I would much rather spend $30 on a rain barrel for the time being.

Maybe my next rain barrel should be decorative......




6 comments:

  1. My county had a rain barrel class yesterday. Sadly I couldn't attend. Do you have instructions on how to make one that you can share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try my hardest to find the magazine that I got the instructions out of and post it on here!

      Delete
  2. love them last ones

    would love it if you could share this on my link party - http://serenityyou.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/serenity-saturday-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are neat rain barrel designs, Raven! Appearance aside, rain barrels are truly effective when the water harvested is not contaminated in any way. You must avoid exposing it to roof materials, because the materials can dissolve into the water. Also, you must properly secure the top portion of the barrel to prevent insects and other impurities from going into the barrel.

    Sharon Strock

    ReplyDelete