Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Now that the gifts have been handed out I can share online!

My first attempt to be 'crafty' and give things I make as gifts as an adult versus during my childhood years has finally happened! One of the first blogs I ever started reading was this one http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/ and I came across her post about ornaments she made for her family and friends (http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2008/11/my-ideal-day.html ) I figured that was something I could do and not screw up THAT bad!

Here is a few pictures of Kelly's ornaments:


And here is few pictures of my ornaments:


I made quite of few of these and gave them out as gifts. My first picture is one I did for my hubby and myself with our monogram. I made monogrammed ones for the married/engaged couples in our lives, single letters for the singles and then entire names of the children. The second picture is the ornaments I made for our kiddies (pets for now, no 2 legged kiddies for us quite yet).

I am really proud of myself, I actually had been planning on these since last Christmas and the fact I followed thru with making them makes me feel very accomplished to know that I MADE gifts!!  I have already started looking at a few ideas for Christmas gifts for this year but nothing has jumped out at me so hopefully I will figure it out before October LoL!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I've been wanting to make gifts for awhile now but my patience runs thin when it comes to making things hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine does to that is why I was SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of myself that I finished them! I made around 30 ornaments all together and I think it was a perfect 'starter' project for me!

    ReplyDelete