Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tis' the season to be thrifty!

I did it. I am finally writing an updated post! FINALLY something to write about! Yay for me! Well I can say that Goodwill has been good to be (except the time last weekend that the cashier broke the stem off of a martini glass I had just bought and paid for....yea Michelle laugh it off). I hit up three Goodwill stores and a DAV (Disabled Vets) thrift store. I spent a total of $25.27 for everything (a few things are not in the pics because I had already found them a home) Let me just say that ALL of the Christmas stuff was 50% off of Goodwill's already low prices!


The votive candles in this pic were only $2.62 for all six and were brand new in the box still!


I found this Starbucks coffee mug for a lady I work with, she has been on the hunt for a clear coffee mug. Found it for only $3.25



These boxes will come in handy for my 'homemade Christmas' next year. I bought the first two (2 in a pack) at the first Goodwill I stopped in. They had a price tag of $1.25. When I went to the third Goodwill today, they had the last two sets priced at $2.25 each. I asked the lady if I could get them for the $1.25 that I got the first one from at the other store. I told her I still had it in the car. She said no, she would just give it to me for the $1.25 and then of course the 50% off Christmas decor.


This is by far my favorite thing that I bought today! It is a cookie jar! And it only cost me $.99!!! Nothing broke, no cracks NOTHING! How cute is this?!!? This is the only thing I found at the DAV thrift store.


This is a picture of almost everything I purchased today. The two gift boxes at the left kinda had the same delima as the boxes I told you about earlier. The first Goodwill had one marked at $.75 and the thrid Goodwill had it marked at $2.25. She gave it to me for $.75 and then 50% off. The two Christmas tree decorations are in perfect condition. The white 'twig tree' is going to house these mini Christmas light bulb decorations I got today for $1.13 (pictures to follow). Also if you look at the blue pitcher that is in the back, that is for my tea maker. I had to throw one of mine away because my fiance put it in the dishwasher and it cracked and would not hold tea anymore. Well needless to say this one only cost $2.25 which is great because they have changed styles and the new ones will not fit my tea maker!

Well tomorrow we will see what else can be found. Michelle told me about this new Goodwill that just opened that is 10,000 square feet! It is in a crappy area (quite ghetto if you ask me) but she said the pictures looked nice HA!!! So wish us luck as we venture off there tomorrow. Party in P-Town as she would say!! LOVE YA GIRL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment